Principal Partner/Head of Chambers
Sylva Ogwemoh is an alumnus of the Said Business School, University of Oxford, England, and a member of the Oxford Business Association. He is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) with over 30 (Thirty) years’ experience as a Legal Practitioner within and outside Nigeria.
Renowned for his pragmatic approach to addressing Clients’ needs, Sylva has successfully handled several complex cases touching on various fields of law including Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance, Arbitration, Real estate, Shipping, Oil and Gas. Sylva has represented clients at various levels of Courts in Nigeria.He is also recognised as one of the leading Arbitrators in Nigeria, having acted as Arbitrator and Counsel in various arbitral panels in Nigeria and internationally over the years.
As a Commercial Law expert, Sylva’s unmatchable achievements are also recorded in the fields of Corporate and Commercial Law and Maritime Law wherein he has rendered a range of services to several investors/operators both in the financial and maritime sectors. His other areas of expertise include International Transactions, International Finance, Banking and Finance Law, Arbitration, Real estate, Shipping, Oil and Gas Law, etc. In all, Sylva, a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom (FCIArb UK), has successfully rendered top notch legal services to individuals, and corporates (in and out of Nigeria) in deals commutatively worth billions of United States Dollars.
He is an avid writer and has delivered papers at various seminars/fora. Sylva holds a Master’s Degree in Corporate Management and Finance Law.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, United Kingdom
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA African Users Forum)
- Member of KIAC Panel of International Arbitrators
- Member, Lagos Court of Arbitrators, Nigeria
- Member Maritime Arbitrators Association of Nigeria
- Member, Negotiation and Conflict Management Group
- Notary Public of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1998
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Member International Bar Association
- Member Nigerian Institute of Management
- Member, Capital Market Solicitors Association of Nigeria
- Registered Capital Market Practitioner with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Nigeria